Wednesday, December 29, 2010

CSI: College Baseball

What would you say if I told you I have a 56 game hitting streak? 
Is that something you might be interested in?

Garrett Wittels is really milking his 15 minutes of fame. The FIU infielder made headlines this spring when he recorded a hit in 56 consecutive games, the second longest in NCAA history. And with the streak still intact heading into his senior year, he is only 2 games away from matching Robin Ventura's 58 game streak set in 1987. But it is now in jeopardy as Wittels and a few buddies are proud owners of rape charges stemming from an incident with a 17-year old girl in the Bahamas. Way to go big Garrett! Winter Break 2010 4 lyfe!!

Allow me to channel my inner Horatio Caine (for those unfamiliar with his dramatic one liners, take a second and familiarize yourself courtesy of this video):



I guess Wittels found out...you can't hit everything.
OR
Seems like Garrett...got caught stealing home.
OR
I think we can all agree...this hot streak has reached its boiling point.

YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

No comments:

Post a Comment