Wednesday, December 29, 2010

An Ode to the Golden Days of the Knicks-Heat rivalry

As I watched the Knicks-Heat game last night, I was inspired to search for some video of the glory days of this storied rivalry. It was during those playoff series in the late 90s, as a blossoming sports fan, that I learned to HATE a sports team. My hatred for Pat Riley, Alonzo Mourning and the rest of the Heat was rivaled only by my hatred for broccoli. I wish I was of the age where I could have truly appreciated the passion with which these games were played, but I was still in awe that anybody could slam dunk or hit a 3-pointer. There's actually a ton of video of the rivalry on Youtube which I would definitely encourage checking out.


Side Note: I was a two-time sportsmanship award winner at John Starks basketball camp. Get some.

Here's a clip I found rather enjoyable:

:

No comments:

Post a Comment